After many years of experience addressing data issues in large organizations, we have learned that:
- Information governance requires an understanding of the underlying information governance and data governance architecture of the organization in order to be effective.
- Information governance requires an effective suite of software tools to capture the interrelationships of the underlying metadata and architecture of the organization.
- Without effective reconciliation controls, data and information governance policies and procedures operate in a vacuum without measurable benefits.
- A dedicated internal team with senior management support is necessary to build a sustainable program. This can be combined with targeted professional services until the internal team gains the necessary training and experience.
- A consistent but adaptable framework that includes the information architecture model, software, reconciliation controls, targeted professional services, templates, and planning methodologies will lead to a successful implementation of a sustainable information governance program.
MetaGovernance’s mission is to create and offer the world’s premiere technology-empowered information governance framework enabling clients to manage, harness, optimize, and leverage their information assets to achieve organizational objectives in a sustainable, cost-effective manner.
MetaGovernance has assembled a team with unparalleled expertise in information strategy, executive management, and governance solutions, coupled with broad business and technical experience.